[SOLVED] Asus Lyra with a network switch?

Jan 10, 2019
Does anyone know how to use Asus Lyra together with a network switch?

I have a wired network in my house and would like to use some of these access points/ports in addition to the wi-fi signal provided by the Lyra units.

I connected Lyra to the internet access point and got the wi-fi up and running.
I then connected a 8-port network switch to the spare LAN port at the back of the Lyra unit but this does not work. Only the port connected to the Lyra is active, the other ones are 'dead'.

Do I need to change any settings in the Lyra configuration for this to work?

Alternatively, should I try to connect the switch to the internet access point and then the Lyra to the switch?

Any help and advice highly appreciated :)

Solution
This is one of those read the manual and see if this is a allowed use. From a quick look these devices appear to be primarily wireless repeaters.

The "extra" port seems to be used when you run the device as a router. The other port seems to be used when you run the devices as a AP.

Now if you are running a cable from the wall to the device you could put your switch in between. In effect you made more wall jacks.

If your goal is to use the lyra thing as a wireless nic card to connect ethernet devices not sure that is the read the manual part.

You really want to avoid putting these type of devices in your house if you have ethernet cabling going to most rooms. You want to run simple AP in these rooms. The repeater/mesh...
Jan 9, 2019
Plug in your Lyra, wait until the LED shows stable white light, indicating that Lyra has finished booting up.
Wire-connect the Lyra to your modem or existing router with Ethernet cable.
Wirelessly connect your router and PC/NB.
Open your browser and go to http://router.asus.com or https://www.19216801.page/ to enter Web GUI for Quick Internet Setup.
Check the ASUS privacy policy then click Create a new Lyra network
Create your own administrator login account and password, then click Next
Select your internet connection type; here we'll use DHCP as an example.
Create Wi-Fi SSID and password for Lyra.
Once you have completed your Wi Fi setting, wait until solid blue light shows up and Lyra is now ready.

Jan 10, 2019

Thank you Steven, but that does not really address my question/issue.
The wi-fi works well already, but I am struggling to get the unit to work with my gigabyte switch and cabled network

This is one of those read the manual and see if this is a allowed use. From a quick look these devices appear to be primarily wireless repeaters.

The "extra" port seems to be used when you run the device as a router. The other port seems to be used when you run the devices as a AP.

Now if you are running a cable from the wall to the device you could put your switch in between. In effect you made more wall jacks.

If your goal is to use the lyra thing as a wireless nic card to connect ethernet devices not sure that is the read the manual part.

You really want to avoid putting these type of devices in your house if you have ethernet cabling going to most rooms. You want to run simple AP in these rooms. The repeater/mesh function greatly degrades the speeds.

Solution