ASUS M2N-CM DVI "Chassis Intruded" Custom Bios needed!

Levartar

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017
Hi, I have a problem with my old used motherboard ASUS M2N-CM DVI. Everytime I boot up my computer it shows: "Chassis Intruded Fatal Error System Halted". I am 100% sure that my jumper configuration is correct like shown in the manual. Is there anyone who could make a custom bios without the chassis intrusion feature for me?
Latest Bios: https://www.asus.com/in/Motherboards/M2NCM_DVI/HelpDesk_BIOS/
Thanks for your help
Jakob

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Turn off the Chassis Intrusion in BIOS. It's usually under Security tab. If you cannot get into the BIOS you will need to check the jumpers. You want a jumper on pins 1&2 on the CLRTC header and a jumper on pins 3&4 for the Chassis Intrusion header. If these are set correctly try resetting the BIOS and replacing the BIOS battery.

Levartar

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017

There is no option in the BIOS to turn of Chassis Intrusion. I checked the jumpers and they are all correct but I still get the error message and resetting BIOS even a BIOS update did not help either. I am working on this problem for several weeks and the only option I could think of is a custom bios, if something like this is possible.

spdragoo

Expert
Ambassador
Do you have a chassis intrusion module actually hooked up to the board? Per the manual (https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M2NCM_DVI/HelpDesk_Manual/), the jumper should be installed by default on pins 3 & 4 unless a) you removed the jumper in error or b) it's actually connected to a chasiss instrusion switch/sensor module. If it's the latter, you'll need to probably read the instructions for that module. If it's the former, make sure you follow the process to clear the CMOS RTC (Section 1.9 in the manual -- note that it's more than just pulling the battery).

Levartar

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017

Izzbt0b.jpg

As you can see in the picture I placed the jumper like shown in the manual. I have no Chassis Intrusion module. I tried resetting the CMOS RTC but it did not help.