Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2020
Hello everybody!

~This is my first time making a thread on here, so bear with me

For almost 4 years now, I have been using an ASUS VivoPC M32CD-B09 with an i7-6700 for everything (Gaming/Streaming/Editing/Homework)

Over the years I have upgraded it with a new GPU, PSU, Ram, installed some Fans, and I recently purchased an i7-7700k for a really good price.

The motherboard of this system I know is of the H110 Chipset
(I believe this is the motherboard: ASUS M32CD_A_F_K20CD_K31CD)

So I know 7th Gen Intel Processors should be compatible, but every time I plug the i7-7700k in, I get no signal of any kind.

When I plug my i7-6700 everything works and displays, I know both CPUs and the entire system works with no problems.

So I am curious, is my motherboard not compatible with Kaby Lake? If it is, do I need to update it?
(I have it updated at the latest bios update 1102 for Sky Lake on the Asus Website, there is a Kaby Lake bios update 0804 but it gives me an error every-time I try updating to that)
https://www.asus.com/us/Tower-PCs/VivoPC-M32CD/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Any help would be much appreciated, I just want to get back to editing and streaming! <3

Danymq

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Have you tried unplugging the power and removing the motherboard battery after installing the 7700k?

With that tutorial you should be able to install whatever BIOS you want, however it involves risk, so in other words you should not do that, only as your last resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.