Question Asus m415ua vs Lenovo 15alc6

zwtch_17

Commendable
Dec 18, 2021
I'm currently planning to buy a laptop and ended up with these two laptops.

Which one is superior, the Asus Vivobook M415UA or the Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 (15ALC6)?

Both models have the Ryzen 5 5500U processor, 512 GB SSD, 8 GB of RAM, and Radeon Vega 7 iGPU.

Or if you have any advice for a similar laptop specification, that will be very helpful.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Could you please parse a link to both the laptops you're looking at(narrowed down)? SKU's can and will vary depending on region(and availability).

Or if you have any advice for a similar laptop specification, that will be very helpful.
In that case we'd need to know your location, your budget for the laptop and your preferred site for purchase? Lastly, what is the laptop on being used for? Essentially what was asked for in this thread.

zwtch_17

Commendable
Dec 18, 2021
Could you please parse a link to both the laptops you're looking at(narrowed down)? SKU's can and will vary depending on region(and availability).

In that case we'd need to know your location, your budget for the laptop and your preferred site for purchase? Lastly, what is the laptop on being used for? Essentially what was asked for in this thread.

I'm sorry, here's the link,

Asus : https://www.asus.com/id/Laptops/For-Home/Everyday-use/ASUS-M415-AMD-Ryzen-5000-Series/

Lenovo : https://chilit.webmercs.com/lenovo-ideapad-3-15alc6-amd/cat-p/c604/p1001746553/l_en (I can't find an official website for this laptop in my region. But, many sellers sell it on e-commerce.)

My budget : around IDR 10.000.000 or USD 673 (today exchange rate).

preferred site : tokopedia or shopee.

My region : Indonesia.

will be used for design.

Thank you.

zwtch_17

Commendable
Dec 18, 2021
will be used for design
Please elaborate, mentioning app's.

My bad,

Adobe Photoshop cc 2020
A. Illustrator cc 2020
Medibang or krita
A. Premiere pro cc 2017
Coreldraw 2019 (if there is a problem with A.I)
Kdenlive (just in case)

I think that's it.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
In all honesty the laptops you've scoped aren't overkill. Rather somewhere in between of good. You could get something faster, if the budget allows but you're in good hands with either.

Just one thing though, apart from the brand name differences, the other difference is that the Asus laptop comes with a larger SSD.