Asus M4A785TD-M Evo - SATA Configuration Issue.

Rob Riot UK

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Hey there. I'm seemingly having no luck whatsoever at the moment with my computer. Anyways I've just been tinkering with my motherboard settings having deleted a RAID set-up I had. I have the OnChip SATA Channel enabled but under the SATA Configuration option on my motherboard I should be able to choose between [SATA], [RAID], [AHCI].

However the only options I have are: [IDE], [RAID], [AHCI]. What I'm wondering is whether this is a typo on the BIOS screen and [IDE] is [SATA] if that makes any sense. I've checked the manual and there shouldn't even be an [IDE] option. What has gone wrong here as if it truly is [IDE] than surely that will result in a loss of performance.

What do you guys think?

roonj

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
The bios is asking you to define the Sata controller mode,
Sata in Ide mode
Sata in Raid mode
Sata in Achi mode
Everything your seeing looks correct, If you want to learn the difference in these modes you can search that of course.

decoy77

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
I have an asus p6t se and am apparently experiencing the same confusion. I have a cd-rom and hhd that both connect with sata cords. But I don't see any sata in bios ( see same as above {ide}) and the asus manual says to keep it set ide for sata port?? Mobo can see both the cd-rom and hhd, but when I try to boot up win 7 os from cd-rom, no luck. Any ideals?