Asus M4A88T-M -- Boot issue

CarreoJ

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
Guys I need help! I started having this issue recently. Every time I boot the computer DRAM lights starts to blink. There will be a post beep however lights would only blink red and would not proceed to booting up the OS. I have to re-seat the memory every time I boot it. I even tried to boot it up with just one RAM, will work but after I shut down the computer I have to re seat the memory to get it working. I ran memtest and did not get any errors on all 4 gig ram and tried clearing CMOS as well. I'm using a Hyundai 2x2G memory ( a sh**ty memory) and using a HEC rapter 500W psu.
I'm getting tired of having to re seat the memory to get it to work which should not be the case I just don't want to end up loosing my hard drive as well. :??:

could this be a memory issue or a PSU issue? I'm planning on buying a new memory modules but wanted to be sure if I'm steering the right path to troubleshooting.

I would really appreciate your feed back! Hopefully you guys have an answer and a fix as well! :)

thanks!

HEC isn't a great power supply, but I can't say for sure. Check your ram settings in the bios; the voltage should match, but the timings don't have to. Some boards will set the default ram speed slower than your spec; this won't hurt anything. You can still set the speed manually. But my best guess is the power supply. I recommend corsair or antec. Newegg has a corsair 430w for only $17 after rebate, which ends today. Or antec has a 400w that was on sale for only $29.99 yesterday with free shipping. Both may work better than your HEC. I don't recommend you handle the ram anymore. Try something else first. And wear an esd strap when handling the cpu/ram/motherboard.

CarreoJ

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
HEC isn't a great power supply, but I can't say for sure. Check your ram settings in the bios; the voltage should match, but the timings don't have to. Some boards will set the default ram speed slower than your spec; this won't hurt anything. You can still set the speed manually. But my best guess is the power supply. I recommend corsair or antec. Newegg has a corsair 430w for only $17 after rebate, which ends today. Or antec has a 400w that was on sale for only $29.99 yesterday with free shipping. Both may work better than your HEC. I don't recommend you handle the ram anymore. Try something else first. And wear an esd strap when handling the cpu/ram/motherboard.

Thanks, o1ide! I've tried to post this issue on a different troubleshooting forum. Most of them thinks it's either a PSU or a motherboard issue. I'll try setting up the right voltage of the ram and see if it works...hopefully it does or I might have to go with the next option by getting a new PSU since I'm also planning on getting an HD6870 installed in my computer. I have to settle this first since there would no point in getting a graphics card if your pc doesn't boot :sweat:

Thanks again! I appreciate your input! :)

TRENDING THREADS