SopduGOW

Reputable
Jun 13, 2017
Hello, i have a Asus M5A78L-M LE USB3, in some sites it says its 125 TDP and some say 95, i have a FX-8350 (Not Overclocked) and the FX is 125W TDP, i just want to know because im a little confused in that point.
Also im making this thread because my PC playing games randomly shuts down, displaying colorful lines and then wont boot up again, i actually have to remove the HDMI from the GPU, turn the PSU button off, and then the PC boots again, I bought a new PSU (Seasonic 650W 80+ Bronze) and new RAM (G.Skill Aegis DDR3 1600Mhz), also replaced the HDMI cable.
What could be the issue?

Thanks.

Hello, i have a Asus M5A78L-M LE USB3, in some sites it says its 125 TDP and some say 95, i have a FX-8350 (Not Overclocked) and the FX is 125W TDP, i just want to know because im a little confused in that point.
Also im making this thread because my PC playing games randomly shuts down, displaying colorful lines and then wont boot up again, i actually have to remove the HDMI from the GPU, turn the PSU button off, and then the PC boots again, I bought a new PSU (Seasonic 650W 80+ Bronze) and new RAM (G.Skill Aegis DDR3 1600Mhz), also replaced the HDMI cable.
What could be the issue?

Thanks.
First thing to clear up, TDP (Thermal design Power) is measure of heat energy produced, not electrical power required to run a device.
FX 8350 can draw up to 200W of electrical energy when under full load. That makes it highly suspect when mounted on an MB with 4 VRM stages that feed it. On older MBs when they have marginal VRM,it and components around it usually deteriorate with time and heat they produce and cause problems.
In your case I suspect that VRM and/or CPU maybe overheating and shut down to save themselves.

SopduGOW

Reputable
Jun 13, 2017
First thing to clear up, TDP (Thermal design Power) is measure of heat energy produced, not electrical power required to run a device.
FX 8350 can draw up to 200W of electrical energy when under full load. That makes it highly suspect when mounted on an MB with 4 VRM stages that feed it. On older MBs when they have marginal VRM,it and components around it usually deteriorate with time and heat they produce and cause problems.
In your case I suspect that VRM and/or CPU maybe overheating and shut down to save themselves.
So what do you recommend me doing?

I was also told that it can be my GPU.