Question Asus motherboard BIOS problem ?

Jul 1, 2024
i have an Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 motherboard on which i am having problems with the Bios Version 1503.
As it's a Legacy model i can't get much (or any) help from Asus. Is there anyone out there that's still running this equipment who can help me to get it to run correctly?
I am using Windows 10 64-bit which I've just reinstalled

Many thanks, michael

You've got BIOS updates pending;
and just an FYI, BIOS version 1503 doesn't show up on that list, which would mean that the BIOS had issues on it which is why it was pulled off the site. Flash to the latest version, then clear the CMOS.

What sort of problem are you referring to anyway?

correction it does but its for like 1 processor
Athlon IIX2 280(ADX280OCK23GM),3.6GHz,1MB,rev.C3,65W,SocketAM3ALL1503

i have an Asus M5A78L Motherboard which i am having problems withe the Bios Version 1503 as its a Legacy model i cant get much[or any ] help from Asus is there anyone out there thats still running this equipment that can help me to get it to run correctly.I am using windows 10 64bit which ive just reinstalled Many thanks michael

what are you having issues with updating bios ?

what is the processor etc your using ?

Jul 1, 2024
hi cpu is FX4100 3.6Ghz There loads of problems with Bios version 1503,there isnt any support for Secure Boot that i can see,i use linux now,i have been able to disable quick boot though but to do this i had to create a Bios password to be enabled to do this?The first time this has ever happened[i have three other PCs running MSI Motherboards Socket 1 and amd Kabini Apu/cpu. Which Cpu is the best match for the board assuming i bother to attempt to flash the bios?and can i do this without the cpu installed?

The final thing that happened was i managed to install windows 10 64bit and it ran ok for a while but when i shut down the PC and restarted it,i couldnt get past the Asus splash screen it just froze.Ive spent hours trying to sort it out,without any success and no i havent attempted to flash the Bios yet BTW what Bios number do you recommend? reply appreciated michael