[SOLVED] ASUS M5A88-V EVO & USB mouse : need to reinsert dongle every time

EmmaDobozi

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2013
Every day when I boot, my PC does not recognize the USB mouse till I do not take out the dongle and reinsert it.

My motherboard is ASUS M5A88-V EVO ; I use Win 7 64 bit.
Ironically, the mouse itself is ASUS, too.

Very rarely it still starts without this annoyance ; but after some years now I am more irritated of all this movement and I am afraid that the receptacle will be worn out or damaged.
If I initiate a restart, the mouse works fine, without need to reinsert.

I have to notice that my keyboard also is connected via USB. After an interruption of the supply of 220 V (where I live, such things happen), the keyboard also has to be reconnected in order to be recognized by the motherboard.

I would be grateful if you would kindly suggest a solution.

Solution
Because your PC system is quite old, I assume you have latest drivers installed. Other than that (as you already found the reason), maybe you should consider new USB printer.

EmmaDobozi

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2013
It took quite long time, I only got to this by chance.
I had to disconnect my old printer (HP 1100A, model nr. C4224A) -- connected by virtual USB using an adapter cable from USB to printer's 25 pin connector cable --
after that, the problem with USB dongle for mouse seem be solved.
I wonder why / how can this behaviour be avoided.

I would be grateful for your kind help,
Emma

EmmaDobozi

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2013
Because your PC system is quite old, I assume you have latest drivers installed. Other than that (as you already found the reason), maybe you should consider new USB printer.

Indeed, I installed most recent drivers. Printing was blameless.

Now I changed to a new printer (HP M479).
The issue with this is more serious : is printing from some programs, but not from Word, Excel, etc.
I started a new thread with this question :

I would be grateful if someone would help.