Question Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 Wont Post nor turn off

Nov 26, 2021
Hello, everyone. I am here desperate with an issue which hopefully you can help me solve.

The story is a little long but here I go. My computer was not showing any video when I first started in the morning. I was not that scared at the moment and proceed to remove and put back some components which most of the time fix the problem when this happened but this time it didnt. In fact, the pc was not turning on at all even tho the mobo power led was on. Then, I tested ram,
gpu and psu on a friend pc and we figured that it was the mobo that died.

I bought a new mobo thinking that everything would be fine and after installing everything the computer FINALLY turns on when I hit the power button but still it won't POST but the weird part is that it won't shut off with the power button, the only way is disconnecting the cable or with ths psu switch. Ive tried turning it on with only ram, cpu and gpu no luck. Tried removing the battery (even turned on without it) and no luck. CMOS clear pin no luck, so yeah I tried a few testing processes and still can get this. I took out the mobo and tried it over a cardbox to avoid any you know what.

So yeah, computer wont post, wont turn off by pressing the power button and it doesnt make any sounds when it turns on.

Components

Asus M5A97 LE R2.0(now)
Asus M5A99 FX Pro (before)
AMD FX 8350
4x4 GB Corsair
Radeon RX 580
Psu Corsair RM850x

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Titan
Is this a new motherboard or a used motherboard? Finding a nearly decade-old motherboard new in the box would be unusual. If it's used, were you given some evidence of it working? In any case, returning it and getting something would be recommended anyway; the LE version of this motherboard is cheaply made with an anemic VRM configuration that has long made this motherboard an unrecommended one for any 125W CPU. I've seen this board being sold "used" with obviously burned VRMs on more than one occasion.

Nov 26, 2021
I'm currently on a budget so I couldn't afford to make the upgrade to a better or updated mobo that would lead me to upgrade other parts of the computer too. Luckly for me I found this one new in a good price, my previews board was great for 5 years so I took the chance on Asus again (not knowing of any problems of this particular model). You think it is the motherboard?