[SOLVED] Asus M5A97 R2.0 Rev1.0 Motherboard has TPM 20 Pin Header but no Bios support?

Angel Fernandez

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2015
Afternoon everyone. I'm trying to verify some information. I see a 20 Pin TPM header on the board and in the manual. There is no TPM attached. There is no information for activating the TPM chip in the manual nor is there a TPM field in the BIOS.
I'm aware that the TPM chip has to be version 2.0 and that the firmware on the chip has to be version 1.36 or higher to avoid a security issue. I've Googled the issue, searched Youtube and even tried to buy the TPM chip from Asus.
So the question is this No BIOS support for a TPM on this MOBO?

Solution
Afternoon everyone. I'm trying to verify some information. I see a 20 Pin TPM header on the board and in the manual. There is no TPM attached. There is no information for activating the TPM chip in the manual nor is there a TPM field in the BIOS.
I'm aware that the TPM chip has to be version 2.0 and that the firmware on the chip has to be version 1.36 or higher to avoid a security issue. I've Googled the issue, searched Youtube and even tried to buy the TPM chip from Asus.
Is this for Win 11?

Any CPU applicable to that motherboard is far off the bottom of the supported list for Win 11.

USAFRet

Titan
Is this for Win 11?

Any CPU applicable to that motherboard is far off the bottom of the supported list for Win 11.

Solution