Asus M5A99FX pro r2.0 Ethernet issues!

JACM

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
So I've now had my custom built system for about six months and never had any connectivity issues with my ethernet port.
I recently had to switch ISP to Time Warner cable and was given an Arris TG862 wireless device and I have been unable to connect my desktop to the internet, I thought it would be the router, but I tested all ports on another computer (one I am currently writing this on) and it works perfectly on all ports with three different cables.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the ethernet drivers included on the M5A99FX pro 2.0 motherboard's CD, restarted both my computer and router, I have also attempted multiple cables and tried to change the router settings. At most I've had intermittent success and I'll connect for about a minute and then the ethernet connection can't be detected..... Nothing seems to work and I am starting to feel desperate. Does anyone know how to fix this or has had this problem before? :??:

oxymoron5k

Honorable
May 9, 2013
What do you mean by intermittent success? Also if it is a desktop can you take out the nic and re-insert it? It could also be you are on a static IP and not on the right subnet. Find "change your adapter settings" and select your ethernet connection by right clicking on it and going to "properties" make sure it is on DHCP.

JACM

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014

By intermittent success I meant that the ethernet connection is detected on and off by my computer when the cable is plugged in, half the time it says there is no ethernet cable plugged in other times it will detect it but never get past authenticating the network.
I go into the properties and everything seems fine, nothing is out of the ordinary but I can't find anything on DHCP of the ethernet connection. I am unfortunately quite inexperienced when it comes to network troubleshooting.