Asus Makes Eee Sexy With 1008HA

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

seems like the newer Atom with the G40 chipset has come in to play?
Upto 5 hours probably will mean 3,5 hours real life scenario.
I've never bought any other Eeepc than the EeePc701, which at the time was the only mininotebook worth of it's price.
In 2009 Asus/EeePc can count on my continual disapproval and non-support, until they go back to their roots, namely:
A $200 mininotebook, with long batterylife (preferrably 9" screen)

waffle911

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
This sounds (and looks) like Asus is trying to bring the MacBook Air to the masses at a more reasonable price point. Everything the MBA is for, without the excessive price, performance, or features. If I were looking for such a laptop, I'd jump right on it. But as it is, I need something with a bit more horsepower most of the time. That said, if I had the spare cash, I'd get one to serve the "anytime/anywhere" niché that arises with having a bulkier, more powerful laptop.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Is the lack of DVI on Atom netbooks a problem with the 945GS chipset? Since mini-VGA requires an adapter anyway, why not use mini-DVI instead. Then the user can choose between VGA and DVI as necessary. My Cloudbook (which uses a VIA C7 and VIAChrome graphics) has a dual-link DVI output. I can use the DVI-to-VGA adapter I already own, or hook it up to my DVI monitor. Don't know who would have bought a netbook but not a monitor in the last 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS