Asus Matrix HD7970 Platinum Graphics Card power test

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunsiecle

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
Hello People
I am building my first high end computer and I just purchased the Asus Matrix HD7970 Platinum Graphics Card.
I got it at a very good price but it is an open box item. It looks like it is brand spanking NEW with all accessories and CD.
What I would like to know is (and this is probability a really DUMB question!?) can I check the card just to see if it is in working
with out having to install it in the motherboard! Like I said I just want to see if it powers on that's all. I have the mobo the PSU
the CPU and the RAM. But I still need the SSDs the optical drive the water cooling system etc. And it's going to take a while before I can acquire these other items. So I don't want to put half of the damn thing together and just have it sit there for some
time!

Any input would be VERY much appreciated.

Thanks Ever So

Brian

antonice22

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
Wait so you you want to see if the Graphics card going to work without it connected into the motherboard? i think you wont be able to accomplish such thing.. Graphics card needs to be installed into the motherboard for it to be working.. if im not correct please correct me.

sunsiecle

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
Thanks guys
Like I said it was a dumb question but I thought there might be some way to check the card on it's own. Thanks for your time! I will be putting the build together as far as I can go with what I have to check that every thing is in working order.
thanks again for your time! PEACE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.