Asus maximus formula CPU 775 ddr2

thisbladeoffescue

Prominent
Oct 17, 2017
So I have built based on my Asus motherboard with a gtx 280. It's a budget build. My first aftermarket motherboard. I have a windows 7 installation disk. I boot from the disk and it does the white bar saying loading windows and then it looks like the windows 7 boot screen where the colored dots circle each other. It then blue screens. It says driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_equal... I do not have an OS installed. That's what I'm trying to do. Please help. I'm really tired of fighting this PC

Solution
BSOD there usually means something is bad, could be memory, PSU (esp with that 236w GPU), HDD, DVD-drive or Win7 disc, SATA cable, etc. Or insufficient voltage for overclock (nearly all aftermarket 775 motherboards automatically overclock to some extent for those comparison reviews, but the AUTO voltage is usually sufficient). Fortunately with an aftermarket motherboard you have full voltage controls and can crank up CPU vCore, MCH and RAM voltages if necessary.

Try booting from a Memtest 86+ iso and adjusting things until stable before trying again.
BSOD there usually means something is bad, could be memory, PSU (esp with that 236w GPU), HDD, DVD-drive or Win7 disc, SATA cable, etc. Or insufficient voltage for overclock (nearly all aftermarket 775 motherboards automatically overclock to some extent for those comparison reviews, but the AUTO voltage is usually sufficient). Fortunately with an aftermarket motherboard you have full voltage controls and can crank up CPU vCore, MCH and RAM voltages if necessary.

Try booting from a Memtest 86+ iso and adjusting things until stable before trying again.

Solution