Asus maximus hero ix a2 error

mustysloot

Reputable
Oct 11, 2017
Just made a build. (Not much experience) and I got everything plugged in but no display and I get an a2 error which means ide detect? I also got that code with just the mobo cpu and cooler and ram I'm pretty sure.

Intel i7 7700k
Geforce 1080 ti
16x2 corsair vengeance Lpx 3200mhz
Asus maximus hero ix

Solution
You should have bios Version 1009 since that is the newest one:
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-HERO/HelpDesk_BIOS/

But since you now are in windows thats great. Thats a step forward.

Might I ask how old you belive your hard drive is?
I have the same motherboard that you have and for me it works like a charm.

But this is a bit strange I have to admit that.

Just to make sure:

Strip the system down to a bare minimum, like 1 ram module only, no GPU and run on the CPU`s internal graphics.
Double check that everything is plugged in correct and that you are not creating a short circuit like the backside of the motherboard is touching the motherboard tray of the case.

mustysloot

Reputable
Oct 11, 2017
I got the error code still with just cpu and cooler and ram. Tried that before putting it in. Thinking it might be because nothing else was plugged in. I just got passed the error code 53 to land in this one. When it starts it goes through all sorts of numbers and it goes through the vga and those other lights and stays on boot red light a2. I don't see my mobo touching my case either. It has to either be my cpu or mobo. I think my new ram is fine. Been stuck trying to make this work for almost 2 weeks. :(

mustysloot

Reputable
Oct 11, 2017
I just got something on screen. Says what I have hooked up. And says enter setup to recover bios setting. After setting up Intel r optane memory or the raid configuration was built, sata mode selection must be changed to raid mode to avoid unknown issues.

hmm.. Now I am starting to belive it is your BIOS that is faulty here.

mustysloot

Reputable
Oct 11, 2017
What should I do next? I have very very little experience in bios. I can go through bios. Haven't tried exiting yet and seeing what happens. I can't find this raid configuration either. I feel like I'm right there now to getting it running