ASUS Maximus Hero VII hitting "00" Q-code after changing CPU cooler

wrhagen93

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017
Hello,

Recently bought a new CPU cooling fan and block to put on my 5-year-old CPU after my water cooling stopped working. I had the following mishaps while changing the cooler that might have broken something:

- Had to carefully peel a brutal adhesive off the back of my MB, took a solid amount of force but MB didn't bend during the process
- Dropped a metal nut down the back of the MB (it was OFF at the time) and had to loosen some of the chassis screws enough to lightly pull the MB away from the wall so the nut could fall the rest of the way down
- The 4 screws for the fan mount -- the piece that holds the fan against the CPU -- were tough to line up, specifically I had to press fairly hard to get the 4th screw to connect vertically with the hole (as in, everything was lined up but there was distance between the plane of the threaded hole and the beginning of the mount screw)
- I had to pull one of my RAM sticks out and put it back in
- Same for the WiFi card

Afterwards, I notice the following when turning on the PC:
- A Q-Code of "00" which as the manual claims, isn't even used; this happens right off the bat
- Lights on the MB come on in general (not looking at specific ones yet)
- All CPU and Chassis fans come on
- GPU gets power -- lights and fans
- None of the external accessories -- keyboard, monitor -- are responding or getting input/power

Any thoughts on what could be happening here? hoping I didn't accidentally mess up one of the central components...

wrhagen93

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017

Is doing that as simple as "unplug, remove from chassis, replug"? As I do that what should I be looking for?