[SOLVED] Asus Maximus Hero VII stop seeing my M2 SSD (Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB SSD, NVMe M.2)

aiko1905

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2013
I add m2 ssd to my system at 2019 and install windows 10 on it. I was using without problem till yesterday.
Suddenly my computer stop working and I checked and found out my motherboard cannot see m2 ssd on bios settingsI can see other hdd's on bios settings. I only can enter bios settings with my computer right now.

What could be the reason? and how I can be sure if my motherboard or m2 ssd has a problem?

Solution
it seems to me NVME drives can just stop.
HDD at least normally give some clues but ssd can just stop. makes it hard to plan ahead, means you always need backups.

Does it have a 5 year warranty? so if nvme is bad, you should be able to rma it and get a replacement if you have proof of purchase

Colif

Win 11 Master
it seems to me NVME drives can just stop.
HDD at least normally give some clues but ssd can just stop. makes it hard to plan ahead, means you always need backups.

Does it have a 5 year warranty? so if nvme is bad, you should be able to rma it and get a replacement if you have proof of purchase

Solution

aiko1905

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2013
I solved my problem. Everytime I plug off my computer bios settings keep reset to default themself. On bios settings I have changed PCIE3_4 settings to m2 mode my pc works.

For bios settings I will try to change bios battery. I hope it will solve my problem completely.