ASUS Maximus VI Gene Motherboard problems...

Eliasu

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
I just replaced this motherboard to my old MSI B75MA-P45.
I also bought a new processor to fit in my new motherboard.
But now as i installed it and turned on there is no beep at all,doesnt send signals to the monitor.And at the POST code it says 55(No Memory Installed)its weird and i dont know why because i have Corsair Vengance and Kingston ValueR.
And also at some other error codes,hard to explain the DRAM_LED was red.
I dont know whats wrong so please tell me if you know! :)

Solution
It might be short related or a CPU socket bent pins issue.
Try though taking the board outside the case and test the first 2 RAM slots. If still 55, then I suggest reseating the CPU and checking the CPU socket for bent pins.
You can start the system with single RAM stick, but it would not work in dual channel. Obviously.

Eliasu

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
RAM: Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 8GB, CL9
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9
Both worked with my earlier motherboard

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K

And im using Windows 7 64 bit

Eliasu

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
All right,now ive testen only 1 RAM in all 4 ram slots and with the 2 firts RAM Slots the error 55 came up.
But the last 2 said A2 which means IDE Detect,but im not sure if i can play or even start the computer with only 1 ram slots :p

I havnt take it out of the case yet.

It might be short related or a CPU socket bent pins issue.
Try though taking the board outside the case and test the first 2 RAM slots. If still 55, then I suggest reseating the CPU and checking the CPU socket for bent pins.
You can start the system with single RAM stick, but it would not work in dual channel. Obviously.

Solution

daMystery1

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013

daMystery1

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
New ASUS systems will not initially POST with incompatible memory or memory that is not on their Qualified Vendor List (QVL) - If this is the problem, the DRAM LED near the MemOK switch will light continually. [DRAM LED WAS RED]
1/. It would not be surprising if your MB does not POST if you are trying to fit two sticks of mismatched Lower 1333 MHZ - which although they may be both CL9 - likely have different timing specs, onto a high spec board.
2/. ASUS MotherBoards (MB) require compatible memory as listed on the ASUS website under QVL .
3/. That usually excludes mismatched memory such as two sticks of different make and specification.
4/. Two, Dimms of Dual Channel memory, need to be fitted in alternate slots of the same color
5/. Memory such as Corsair Vengeance, although relatively common, is NOT on the QVL list of some ASUS MB's.
That does not mean that it will not work, just that ASUS have not specifically tested it and Pre Set Bios compatibility for it - on a particular MB.
6/. In order to [hopefully) get matched memory that is NOT listed on the respective MB QVL List to be recognised by the system, it is necessary to hold down the memOK switch on startup until the DRAM LED starts blinking to enable "Automatic Memory Compatibility Tuning" - when completed, the system should finally Post.
7/. If the MemOK light is still on continually, after tests have completed, then memory must be changed for compatible memory.
8/. A Matched Memory SET of various makes and timings that are not listed on ASUS QVL may eventually POST after Auto tuning as per 6/. above - but the performance of unmatched memory maybe unlikely, at best unstable, or "any body's guess".

PeteyPub

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
I had a similar issue.

CPU i5 4570
ASUS MAXIMUS GENE VI
6GB RAM CORSAIR DDR3 XMS
SEAGATE 120GB HD (waiting for my SSD)
using Onboard HDMI port.

At first my PC would not boot. The CPU fan tried to spin, but couldn't
even make one revolution. The CODE was 00. PC kept shutting down
after 2 seconds or so. When ATX12V 8PIN cable was disconnected the
board would boot, hard drives would spin up, I could open DVD tray,
but nothing showed up on the screen.

Long story short I went through ALL check procedures, including taking
the MB out of the case, and using one RAM, etc. No success.

I finally got it to BOOT after ENABLING LN2 Mode Jumper on the MB, and
clearing CMOS with the button on the back panel.

Then GENE booted straight into BIOS. I popped my Ubuntu DVD in, and
Voila, fully functional, super fast media server is born.