Asus Maximus Vi Gene No Bios, Not Booting, Error 36, 60 Q Codes

Nov 3, 2018
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhPvB7_TwcU"][/video]

I had a working ASUS Maximus VI Gene mobo with an Intel i7 4770 3.7ghz LGA1150 processor, 8GB of “Sniper” DIMMs, eVGA Geforce GTX650 Ti video card.

I am running an “alternative” [hackintosh] OS on it and it worked great for a year or so. Recently it started feeling the pain of booting, taking 5 minutes before the machine was operable, and it had been crashing regularly with no warning — just a solid black screen with with I’d have to cold boot to start up again. I decided it was time to update the OS to a more recent build [HS/moj], use a SSD as my main boot drive, and add new RAM.

It took me 15 different installs to get a working OS.

Unfortunately it didn’t last long. In the last two days, before the BIOS loaded, I got a series of CPU overheating errors. I decided to take off the CPU fan to see if it was actually cooling anything. The plastic standoffs broken when I tried to remove it, so I left it as close to the CPU as possible. The machine keeps throwing error codes like crazy: 53 with no RAM, 60 with RAM in any of the slots [DXE Core is started], 36 [CPU post-memory initialization], 47 [DXE IPL is started], then reboots.

I tried new RAM: G.SKILL F3-12800CL10D-16gb [2x 8GB DIMMs], DDR3-1600. I also installed a new EVO Hyper212 CPU CoolerMaster heatsink / fan design — unfortunately it’s physically impossible to install into DIMM slot 1 without removing the heatsink fan and forcing it.

More approaches:

* Removed / unplugged everything except PSU. Error Code 53
* Installed 1 DIMM in Slot 1: Error codes: 21, 4F, 36 / 3B, 60
* Removed CR2032 battery, measured .13V [out of 3V] — the battery has since been replaced  

I’m stumped. I don’t want to throw in the towel but also can’t figure out how to move ahead.  

Any ideas?

Lutfij

Titan
Can you inspect the CPU socket for any bent/broken pins? Try using other sticks individually on other ram slots.

53 is a memory initialization problem.
3B is Post Memory PCH is started.

It'd be a good idea to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Nov 3, 2018

The CPU was not removed, only the fan. It has been working this entire time until the fan was removed, which I removed and inspected after countless CPU overheating errors.

CPU: Intel i7 3.4 4770
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Gene
Ram: 2x 4GB Sniper DDR3-1800 DIMMs, 2x8B DDR3-1600 DIMMs
SSD/HDD: Samsung 840EVO 120GB SSD
GPU: eVGA Geforce GTX650 Ti
PSU: Antec 550W BP550 PSU
Chassis CoolerMaster ATX chassis: