Asus Maximus VI Gene Problem?

Daniel Coley

Reputable
Nov 5, 2014
I'm have troubles getting the computer to show an Input video on the monitor, the GPU seems to be fine.

Could this mean there is a problem?

--I assume this is the motherboard because when I turn on the Computer, I get a quick flash from my keyboard and Mouse LED lights, it seems to be like they are quickly turning off and on.--

Everything seems to be installed correctly, the HDD turns on, Case fans on, Motherboard lights on(0.0), GPU fans and lights on, CPU installed correctly. The only thing I can imagine is the Ram is in the incorrect spot. Which I put in the 2 black slots furthest away from the CPU Unit(which I've seen people do this before, so I don't think its a problem.

http://www.asus.com/media/global/products/rppozhc3zpbQrHmi/KmONykEQiTX3IeBa_500.jpg

This is my 3rd time assembling a PC, so I'm pretty sure I installed the basics correctly

System Specs:

i7 4790K
Zotac GTX 970 AMP
8GB of Kingston Hyper X
750 Watt by Corsair(the New 970 and i7 draw very little power, so a 750 watt should be good enough)

Thanks

Daniel Coley

Reputable
Nov 5, 2014

Can you use the imagine I provided of the Motherboard and show me actually what I could be missing. The card requires 2x8 Pin connects, I connected them 2x6+2 Pin connectors.

ib2007

Dec 7, 2011

Which "card" are you talking about? the motherboard or the graphics card? You need to make sure you have both power cables going to the motherboard for the pc to boot, and additional power to the graphics card(s) that require additional power.

Daniel Coley

Reputable
Nov 5, 2014

I check the TV and New monitor. Both didn't seem to display anything.

I get no beeps.

Hardware and fans are coming on?

Check the RAM, even pull all of it out, and put in only one stick.

If it has onboard video, try that and not the card. Change the bios settings to boot from PCIe first, shut down, and put the card back in.

Daniel Coley

Reputable
Nov 5, 2014

Hmmm, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I installed 2x 8 Pins for the GPU, and 1x8 Pin and 1x24 on the Motherboard.

Daniel Coley

Reputable
Nov 5, 2014

Yep, Hardware and Fans are on.

I'll try the RAM method tomorrow, I gtg to bed.

I have no on-board graphics.

It should, that chip supports an Intel HDsomething
http://www.asus.com/websites/global/products/rppozhc3zpbQrHmi/line.jpg
I believe that's a HDMI, between the USB 3.0 ports. At the bottom.

Daniel Coley

Reputable
Nov 5, 2014

Whoops, didn't notice it, I'll check tomorrow, Good night

Daniel Coley

Reputable
Nov 5, 2014

Iv already tried VGA

Daniel Coley

Reputable
Nov 5, 2014

Iv already tried VGA