ASUS Maximus VI impact Shutdown but not reboot

rblais

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
I just built a new rig using the ASUS Maximus VI impact and it freezes each I'm doing a restart either in the Bios or the OS. Doing a shutdown is not a problem (OS), hard shutdown (keep pressing on power button) is not a problem. Boot perfectly.. But when using the restart function, it just goes to a black screen, and the computer never shutdown, until I manually force it.

Bios is updated to the latest version. Before writing this post I've seen many people with similar problem, but I think nobody really force the shutdown manually, they just stay on the black screen and look the 00 back LED ROG code.

I'm pretty sure it's the Bios and how the setting are configured. I've tried everythig at Auto or deafult, then I've tried XMP, without any success. And I don't want to go to far in manual mode until the normal booting configuration is done.... well until someone has passed through this issue and could help me.

I'm using 16 gigs of Corsair Dominator Plantinum 1600 with a 4790k intel cpu... I'm wondering if the ROG doesnt screw up some voltage with that combinaison, or maybe I forgot an easy setting in the bios to fix that. But like I said, no boot problem, or shutdown... it's only the reboot option which is a problem.

If you have any bright idea, I will appreciate (please don't suggest RMA)

Kind regards,

Remus

PRECISE CONFIG:
Bitfenix Prodigy Case
i7-4790k
Maximus Impact VI
2x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 1600
2x500 gig Samsung Evo
AMD r295x2
PSU OCZ 1250W Gold

Solution
What you can do without RMA is:
1. Reflash bios with programmer (barely will help).
2. Replace/rework NUVOTON chip by yourself (you may lose your warranty after that).
Maximus-VI-Impact_2D.jpg

neoli1

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014

I'm having the same issue on my new build PC, also 4790k chip... The Q code goes to 00 on any reboot... powering off and powering on is fine manually...