Asus Maximus VII HERO vs ASRock Z97 Extreme6

CaptEinstein

Reputable
Nov 15, 2014
I could get the Asus Maximus VII Hero for $204.99 on Amazon and the ASRock Z97 Extreme6 for $190.89. The performance are close to each other, probably by an inch close. But a Tom's Hardware's review puts ASRock Z97 Extreme6 on first place (Excluding the Asus Maximus VII Hero, it wasn't in the review). I'm asking this probably because I could save a few dollars. But if the Hero has better performance then I'm sticking with the Hero. I'm just asking if it is worth it to get the Extreme6 over the Hero based on performance to save money.

Solution
The Hero, the Z87 Hero was the best Z87 and the Z97 Hero (both in sig) is much improved, OCs better, runs cooler, handles DRAM better, improved BIOS, I've with with the Ex6 and it's a good mobo, but slightly below the Hero. I use both my Heros both for work and for testing other components and it takes everything I throw at it

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
The Hero, the Z87 Hero was the best Z87 and the Z97 Hero (both in sig) is much improved, OCs better, runs cooler, handles DRAM better, improved BIOS, I've with with the Ex6 and it's a good mobo, but slightly below the Hero. I use both my Heros both for work and for testing other components and it takes everything I throw at it

Solution