ASUS MAXIMUS HERO VIII ALPHA
i7 6700K
Corsair H80i v2 liquid cooler
ASUS STRIX 1080 GPU
Corsair Vengeance LED RAM 4x8 GB 3000 mhz Timing 15-17-17-35
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250 GB
EVGA 1000w Gold PSU

Hi All,
Ive seen several posts about my error code 53 and 00 but not necessarily together so I figured I would see if anyone had an idea what was going on here. I put my PC together and tried to start up with 32 GB of GSKILL TridentZ 3200 ram (Originally). I got error code 53 on my Asus MB. Never got to load the OS or get into BIOS. Also sort of odd- my case fans LEDs light up but only two of the fans spun...and the fans going to my Corsair Water Cooler work fine. GPU, MB, all have lights on (GPU fans are going) - so power seems to be getting around. I have checked all my connections and they seem solid.

After doing some tests I thought perhaps I should try some different, lower speed ram so I went with the Corsair 3000mhz LED RAM. Now this RAM is not on the ASUS MAXIMUS "list of compatible ram" but a lot of the RAM they list is older and harder to find, this LED ram has the same specs as others on the list and Ive seen several people post about this RAM working great in their ASUS Maximus MB. I put the Corsair 32 GB in, then I get error code 00. Case Fans again light up but none spin. I took out all ram except 1 stick- I got error code 53 again but subsequent tries got me error 00. If I put 2 corsair sticks in - error code 00.

I updated my BIOS and still got error 00. On my earlier PC builds I never updated BIOS first thing, that shouldn't normally be required right?

For anyone with LED type RAM, Should they be lighting up even before I could get the PC to boot? Seems odd to me all of them are dark.

ASUS tried to tell me that the i7 6700K couldn't take 3000 mhz RAM, which I know is not true.

I took out my GPU, got error 00

My biggest fear is that my CPU is bad (harder to return), from what I described, would anyone suspect that? Seems like a MB issue but I'm no expert! With the case fans not spinning, and the issues with two types of memory, and multiple error codes, could my MB be bad? Never had this much of a problem with a new build! I have not done a true bench "out of the case" test yet, I was just trying to make sure I did everything possible before taking everything apart. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.