[SOLVED] ASUS Maximus xi code motherboard not fitting in Corsair 570x case

Jan 22, 2019
Hi all,

This is a first time build for me and I’m having issues getting the motherboard to aline with the stand offs in the case. It seems that the io shield on the motherboard is too large for the cut out for the io ports in the case, which is leading to the motherboard not sitting correctly. Has anyone eslse had issues with this? I’ve seen some post about bending the case out or forcing the board in but I’m not keen on causing any damage to either.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Solution
I've had many instances where things that are supposed to fit.....don't.
This is where a Dremel Tool comes in handy.
There's nothing wrong with making modifications, as long as you feel comfortable doing it. Just don't do something you can't get yourself out of.

If you aren't comfortable....I'd return one or the other.
I've had many instances where things that are supposed to fit.....don't.
This is where a Dremel Tool comes in handy.
There's nothing wrong with making modifications, as long as you feel comfortable doing it. Just don't do something you can't get yourself out of.

If you aren't comfortable....I'd return one or the other.

Solution

Kilster

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
I had the same issue with a Maximus XI Hero WI-FI. I ended up building in the 460X. Which kinda sucks because the 570X looks more premium but the 460x which is similar and it aligned properly, it is more compact and cable management is better (proper shroud for PSU and back panel is not glass. Very weird that it didn't fit in the 570X. My OCD is still kicking in every time I see my empty 570X there but the 460X is a very nice case as well so no big deal. Just tight to work in. Managed a 360MM radiator (Corsair 150I) in front and a big 2080Ti (3 slots Asus Dual O/C)

I didn't want to hack the thing so I put it back together and will sell.