[SOLVED] Asus Maximus Xi hero Wifi NO KEYBOARD DETECTED.

Feb 3, 2020
Hey guys came here to see if anyone would know. So with the motherboard fresh boot need to access bios everything prompts up fine except the keyboard not being detected so I cant access the bios. I have tried every usb slot even 3.0. I read a couple things about trying a ps/2 keyboard so I got one that seems to light up for a second then turn of (for 5 bucks i got one from a pawnshop) might be the keyboard itself. So i ordered a usb to ps/2 adapter to give it a shot. Do you guys think the motherboard is bad?

Solution
Hey guys came here to see if anyone would know. So with the motherboard fresh boot need to access bios everything prompts up fine except the keyboard not being detected so I cant access the bios. I have tried every usb slot even 3.0. I read a couple things about trying a ps/2 keyboard so I got one that seems to light up for a second then turn of (for 5 bucks i got one from a pawnshop) might be the keyboard itself. So i ordered a usb to ps/2 adapter to give it a shot. Do you guys think the motherboard is bad?
If you see the bios screen everything should be fine. I had the same issue until I plugged a working ps/2 keyobaord. A ps/2 adapter won't work as its source is still USB. You need to turn off fast boot in bios to make usb...
If you see the bios screen everything should be fine. I had the same issue until I plugged a working ps/2 keyobaord. A ps/2 adapter won't work as its source is still USB. You need to turn off fast boot in bios to make usb keyboards work at boot.

Reactions: Bnoticles13
Solution