Question Asus Maximus XI hero z390 Q CODE 04/05

Oct 24, 2019
Hey guys,

I have an asus z390 maximus xi hero motherboard with i9 9900k. ever since it's been built I have been getting CODE 04/ and sometimes code 05 upon restarting or shutting down and with the latter, the monitor goes off, the LED + fans remain on until I force shut it down using the power switch.

Anyone familiar with this?

I have updated bios/drivers of different components, disassembled/reassembled to make sure that my connections are OK, resetted bios to default settings, and replaced my RAM sticks to a model number that's in ASUS' QVL list.

Disabled windows 10 fast start up too!

Still, I'm here today facing the same issue.

I'd like to hear your thoughts as my stuff is still within the refund/replace period. I just want to rule out defective hardware.

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
By updating the BIOS for your motherboard, which version are you currently on? We'd also need you to state your specs for the system like so:
CPU:
CPU: Cooler
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You should also disassemble the system and breadboard it with the bare minimum to rule out a possible short in your chassis. At this stage you should also inspect the CPU socket for broken/bent pins or even thermal paste between CPU and socket.

Oct 24, 2019
I am using 1302 - last update from ASUS' website.

CPU: 19 9900K
cpu cooler: Noctua D15
motherboard: maximus xi hero
ram: corsair LPX 300mhz 2x 8gb
SSD: samsung 970 m.2 nvme
GPU: rog rtx 2080super
PSU corsair rm850rx
chassis: MSI gungnir 100
windows 10 pro

Everything works fine with the exception of shutting down. I was recommended to modify "Stand by voltages" to a slightly higher paramter but I am a little reluctant as I have never fiddled with such bios settings before.