Blittzin

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Thanks in advance for anyone willing to take time to help me. I want to buy and asus m4n82 deluxe mb I already have 4 x 2 gigs of ocz sli-ready ram. The board is 3way hybrid sli ready, and the ram is sli-ready yet I can`t find that ram on the qualified vendors list, the ocz memory configurator etc.... The ram matches all the requirements listed on neweggs mb specs, except that it seems from the list all the approved ram is 1.8v and the ram I have is 2.1v. I don`t wanna buy it and screw something up or have to return it.

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Always refer to the manufacturer's site for specs rather than a resellers site.
http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=acJsiQGEWJ7Fdp0m

All motherboards specify 1.8V DDR2 RAM, but most allow you to adjust the DRAM voltage in the BIOS to accomodate higher voltage RAM or overclocking. The manual for this motherboard says it can adjust RAM voltage up to 2.5V - so shouldn't be a problem.

The QVL's rarely list a complete list of compatible RAM. Nonetheless, it is correct to recommend 1.8V RAM for any DDR2 motherboard. Doesn't mean that higher won't work.

Blittzin

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Thanks for helping me again mongox. I actually checked the qvl and even ocz and crucial when I didn`t see the ram listed I was thinking how can sli-ready ram not work with a sli board. I`ve put a little over $300 on the just the board and ram I didn`t want to burn anything up. Peace to you and yours.