Asus mechanical keyboard repeating keystrokes!

eduardowoj

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Hi community,

I have an Asus Strix Tactic Pro keyboard for almost two years, but in the past few months it started to have a very annoying issue: Often, some keypresses are double or even triple registered. Meaning that by pressing the key just once, I get twice as many letters.

Aas an eexxample, this is a sampplee of text typed without the manual correction of the double typing and double key registering.

I am running Windows 10 64-bit and Manjaro Linux on the same machine, and the problem is present in both.

I already did some things to mitigate the problem (it was waaaaaay worse before), but some stubborn keys aren't behaving properly yet. I fiddled with Windows FilterKeys and managed to circumvent a good part off the problem. Also, by fireing-up the NKRO on the keyboard, the problem seems to be greatly reduced.

Now for the diagnosis part. This happens just with a few keys, mainly 'a', 'e', 'r', 'p', 'f' and 'x'. The problem seems to get worse the most time the computer is turned on, so I'm beginning to suspect some electrical charge may be building up on the keyboard pcb. Also, even weirdly, on Windows Device Manager, the keyboard is registered as a Razer DeathAdder Chroma, which is my USB mouse.

I am completely out of ideas. What can I do to solve this issue?

eduardowoj

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016

Because mechanical keyboards are damn expensive in Brazil. When we got that, we compared several others in the same price range, and the Strix Tactic Pro was the best one on its price range...

I am sorry to hear that. You should have full access to all the stuff everyone else gets IMO, but I don't get to make rules. Gigabyte makes good ones, Rosewill mechanical keyboard (I have the Neon model with full RGB, was 60 dollars) and I dearly love it, even MORE than my expensive Razer Black Widow Ultimate

I am trying to find mechanical kb in your country

Redragon makes some good ones too! they are Chinese of course, so is Rosewill, made by Chinese mfg. In my search I came across this page--I hope it can help you

https://www.amazon.in/slp/mechanical-keyboard/3jkcjt3zpotm5xs

here is a page from Reddit discussing them so you can make a better informed decision.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/wiki/recommendedsellers