Asus MG278Q flickering only in 60hz

Jan 23, 2019
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help with this, its driving me crazy. I run a dual monitor setup, a benq monitor at 144hz and the problem Asus MG278Q. The Asus monitor constantly has horizontal lines moving down it/flickering at the bottom of the screen but only when its in 60hz. It doesnt happen if the monitor is at 100/120/144, only at 60. I've tried both at 60 and the asus monitor still has this issue. Swapping cables made no difference (both connected to GPU using displayport 1.2). Also tried all combinations of scaling options/vsync in nvidia control panel to no avail. Also tried dpi scaling etc in the exe properties. Is this just a faulty monitor? When freesync is enabled in a fullscreen game, the flickering stops when my frames are well above 60.

I'm running a GTX 1070, have tried a clean install of drivers as well as rolling drivers back. I would appreciate any ideas as I'm running out of them! Thanks

has this always been a problem or did it start recently? is there a reason you want your 144hz monitor running at 60hz anyways?

my guess would be that its driver related or possible related to freesync with a Nvidia gpu, but you mention that youve tried messing with those things...

Jan 23, 2019
This happened out of the box, the reason it has become a problem recently is that the new Nvidia drivers allow me to use FreeSync with my Nvidia card on this monitor, however, when my frames drop to around 60 I get the flickering - it was never an issue before as I always ran at fixed 120/144 so never experienced it. I get this with or without freesync. I've tried rolling back drivers + a fresh install using driver remover to newest drivers and no difference.