Asus Mobo for Core Duo 2 with nForce 590 SLI - when ?

polishruben

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2004
I have to build a box in a very short time ( next 2 weeks or so ). I am a long time fan of nvidia chipsets, and I would aboslutely hate to move to something else.

does anyone have any info about when Asus will release mobo that supports both Core Duo 2 and chipsy 590 SLI ? I tried to ask them over the e-mail, but of course - no one would care to answer. I guess it is some kind of secret..

any links to articles about upcoming asus mobos ? Or maybe someone knows mobo that supporst conroe and 590 ?

:idea:

I have to build a box in a very short time ( next 2 weeks or so ). I am a long time fan of nvidia chipsets, and I would aboslutely hate to move to something else.

does anyone have any info about when Asus will release mobo that supports both Core Duo 2 and chipsy 590 SLI ? I tried to ask them over the e-mail, but of course - no one would care to answer. I guess it is some kind of secret..

any links to articles about upcoming asus mobos ? Or maybe someone knows mobo that supporst conroe and 590 ?

http://www.excaliberpc.com/ASUS_P5N32-SLI_Premium_NVIDIA_nForce/P5N32-SLI_Premium_WiFi-AP/partinfo-id-569502.html

polishruben

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2004
hmm.. I wonder how teh 590 will perform with the conroe.. the article mentioned above is old, and doesn't really reflect the mobo that asus is coming out with.

wait for good core duo 2 mobo, or buy now am2 and wait until AMD kicks Intell a$$ again ?

hmm.. I wonder how teh 590 will perform with the conroe.. the article mentioned above is old, and doesn't really reflect the mobo that asus is coming out with.

wait for good core duo 2 mobo, or buy now am2 and wait until AMD kicks Intell a$$ again ?

I am in the same situation as you are apparently. When! I want to wait for 590 SLi chipset, in particular the ASUS version for many reasons. I may go ahead and buy the NF4 SLI and forget about waiting. I have everything to build my E6600 except the MB.

Anybody know when the 590 chip boards will be aavailable?

polishruben

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2004
I still didn't buy the processor and the mb, but everything else is here.. ( p180b is coming tomorrow morning, hurray ) I think by the time asus will bring 590 the chip will go down in price ( i hope )..

I have already a buyer for my current box, so my time is really short.. maybe 2 max 3 weeks. Do you think a$$'us will release it by then ? The rumors where that they were going to release it by the end of last month, but I think they will in the middle of Septeber..

hmm...

What is p180b? I bought the 6600 C2D and need the SLI MB to build a system that beats the system in my sig on EVERY benchmark in this article. I have everything else so I fugured why not build now and have a system that beats what I have by a mile.

Yeah, the AM2 build is an option. When is the latest chip coming out that is supposed to fit in that socket :D

I really want to get the 590 SLI setup. But who knows when that will be available. The ASUS 570 NF4 SLI board looks stable enough to make a great build. But I know I will want the 590 SLI when I see it! Crap. :wink:

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=432&model2=476&chart=184

polishruben

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2004
p180b is a case, which I picked after searching months and months. It is the most beautiful looking case on the market ( my opinion of course ). Not only great looking, but also has prime ventilation and sound supressing abilities.

AM2 will be here for a little bit. I think that AM2 will also incorporate the quad CPUS in Q2 2007.. so they won't die as fast as 939 or others.

But Kensington is coming out next month ( possibly right ?) so.. instead of waiting for amd to release their quads, maybe it would be smarter to get small PCU, the smallest core duo 2 has, save 200$ and put that toward quad by the end of this year ?

polishruben

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2004
hmm.. seems like Asus support is a joke.
I just called the presale departmen telling them that I am a reseller and want to hear about the ETA of the 590 mobo ( mentioned above ). He said it can be anytime - today or within the next 2 months.

Also he gave me a phone number to marketing dept. in CA 510-739-3776 which doesn't work, since it has been disconnected. I am affraid that If I go with Asus mobo, the support will be crappy like that..

any input on that ?

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Well, jeez. Um, perhaps you shouldn't have put your current box up for sale already. As for the your build. Some sites say you won't see much of a performance increase over the nForce 4 boards. The only thing the nForce 5xx boards have is Dual Net burst, SLI, and I believe it will support Corsair's SLI RAM. But anyways, I got an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe mobo because I could no longer wait to build my new computer. I use to have an AMD Athlon 64 3200 Newcastle S754 on an ASUS K8N-E Deluxe, which was an nForce 3 250GB and an PNY GeForce 6800. I agree, Nvidia makes some good products. But when you have manufacturer that can't get a chip out on time, what else are you left with? Time doesn't stop for anything. If you can't wait, buy the cheap nForce 570 and when the 590 comes out, sell the 570. Else, just get some other board. And as far as ASUS support goes, I have no idea. All I know is, the last two mobo's I've recieved that were ASUS, I love! I use to use Abit, but then decided to try ASUS. Haven't been let down yet... er, just remembered, after using my ASUS K8N-E Deluxe mobo 24/7 for the last 2 years, the onboard ethernet port would no longer work. Windows said it was connected, but it would not register with my router. And yes, I tried reinstalling the drivers. Luckily, you can get onboard ethernet ports for $10 :p Other than that, I love ASUS. But I have nothing against ABit as they make good boards too. Just feels though that ASUS gives their mobo's more of the "cool" stuff 8)

Note: The P180B case is the best case ever! (IMO) The only thing I hear is my ATI X1900XT fan which might soon change :D

polishruben

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2004
well I couldn't wait to sell, since the school started, it was a perfect moment to sell my xp2600 - > sucesfully, as predicted. So the student is getting money and should get the box from me in - as mentioned - 2,3 weeks.

the chips was released long time ago. It is not nvidia's fault. It is Asus, that it takes so long time to put up a board that has the chip in it. If this is because of the final tweakings and such, I don't mind.. however I reallydon't know what to do if the board will be late ( 2 more months ). It is possible.

I hoped not to buy/sell/buy -> since I have my own company and cannot affort being without computer for a long time..

I am just going to pray tonight for extra 15 minutes, so then Asus will release the mobo sometimes this week.
ps. as far as the p180b and fan with graphic card, I think this should be solved. Igot zelman fan for the 7900. I am concerned about the sound of 3 raptors inside, but I think the case should take care of it. (?)

polishruben

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2004
did you direct your prayers directly to The One, or was your prayer sent via negotiators ? ( St. Peter or Mother Mary ? ) I think they are not as effective as asking directly The One.

?

did you direct your prayers directly to The One, or was your prayer sent via negotiators ? ( St. Peter or Mother Mary ? ) I think they are not as effective as asking directly The One.

?

Well...you know me :wink: I had an eye put out asking for too much once! 8O

I think I'll be happy with the NF4 SLI board for now. Looked at it over at Fry's. It's a special edition and I have read reviews that say it's stable. So, in a few days I'll be either flyin' along with an e6600 with SLI or I'll be in the RMA mode. :D

ZOldDude

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006

Forget Asus....go look at the DFI boards.

polishruben

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2004

Forget Asus....go look at the DFI boards.

what is so good about DFI boards ? Most of the benchmarks praise Asus.

polishruben

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2004
I found out that the board will be available around 25th of this month. So lets count on the end of September/ beginning of November.

yay!

KaozDragon

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
the chips was released long time ago. It is not nvidia's fault. It is Asus, that it takes so long time to put up a board that has the chip in it. If this is because of the final tweakings and such, I don't mind.. however I reallydon't know what to do if the board will be late ( 2 more months ). It is possible.

Actually, I would say its nvidia's fault, not Asus
"We’ve also been hearing reports about the upcoming nForce 590 SLI Intel Edition chipset for Core 2 processors. This chipset is based on the now aging NVIDIA C19 chipset which some Taiwan motherboard manufactures are not impressed with. In fact, NVIDIA recently issued an announcement to motherboard companies saying that the C19 chipset will be phased out very soon and replaced by the newer and more refined C55 chipset in October. The C19 chipset maxes out at around 350MHz FSB which is one of the main reasons the Taiwanese folk were not impressed with the chipset, especially the companies interested in producing highly overclockable boards – and that’s most companies these days. With Intel’s P965 chipset, while not as fast as 975X, we’ve seen reports of the FSB hitting the 500MHz FSB mark. There are no official testing numbers on C55 FSB overclocking but being a refined chipset using newer technology, it is expected to beat the older C19 easily."

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4053

Join us with the wait @
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/nVidia-nForce-590-Chipsets-Conroeftopic-193299-days0-orderasc-650.html

:lol:

polishruben

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2004
The date of 22, mentioned in the other thread is not going to work out either. I even doubt that the 25th will be the one.

Gesh. What to do.. uhmmm-petuum..

This is how I see it
1) They will release the board by the end of this month.
2) There will be such a lack of them on the market that most of us will get it by the end of next month.
3) The BIOS will be crappy, so maybe in Nov, there will be a good, stable version.
4) In November all the reviews will say that 590 is for trash, and in DECEMBER(!)/ JANUARY there maybe be a better chip.
5) Of course DEcember/ January will be delayed until May.
6) In May they will release them,but most of us will get the board by the end of next month.. ( etc,etc ) - GOTO 3

Never-ending chase after the best product.. that may never exist!

redraider_gamer

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2006
hmm.. seems like Asus support is a joke.
I just called the presale departmen telling them that I am a reseller and want to hear about the ETA of the 590 mobo ( mentioned above ). He said it can be anytime - today or within the next 2 months.

Also he gave me a phone number to marketing dept. in CA 510-739-3776 which doesn't work, since it has been disconnected. I am affraid that If I go with Asus mobo, the support will be crappy like that..

any input on that ?

Why does everyone seem to love ASUS so much? I used to be an ASUS guy (I'm not sure why, it just seemed to happen) until I got a few bad MB's and their product support sucked. Again, what has ASUS done to earn our loving support that Gigabyte, MSI, and DFI haven't. Think about it!

Hell, with Core2, I finally actually bought a MB from the evil empire itself, and you know what, I love it!

My Rig:
Core 2 Duo X6800 Conroe (Stock Clock for Now)
Intel D975XBXLRK
Thermaltake Big Typhoon HSF
2 GB Corsair Pro PC6400 4-4-4-15
74GB 10k Raptor
ATI X1900XTX
SB Audigy 2 ZS
NEC DVD OEM Burners (x2)
Ultra X-Finity 600w SLi Certified PS
Gigabyte 3D Aurora Case

polishruben

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2004
*** OFF TOPIC ***
Hi RedRaider_gamer,
my computer set-up seems very similar to yours. ( although I don't have the mobo yet ).

how is the CPU cooler running ? Is it quiet ?
*** OFF TOPIC ***