Asus mobo temperature issue

Dimitris Drymousis

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Hello. I just purchase a new pc and it seams that every program i use for monitoring my motherboard temperature shows values over 100 C (somewhere between 114-115). The pc i have made it myself, it has an i7 4770, mobo is Asus z87-c2, 8G corsair vengeance, Psu Corsair 650, and a samsung pro 128g. I have open it several times to see if there is anything wrong, but its still showing these values and i am starting to worry because its only operating for 2 days. Any suggestions?

Solution
Then most likely it is not that hot and everything is fine, to make sure check right after startup after the computer has been of for a while, if still high it is either the program not reading the sensor or the sensor broken or missing.

Dimitris Drymousis

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
To tell you the truth i saw a small fluctuation between 114-115 but after several minutes. I have uses programs like Speccy and everybody said that maybe its a bug or something because the other temperatures seam ok. Is there a possibility of faulty sensor as you said? And if that is true, what i must do to ensure that the mobo will be ok?

with the pc off check that the mb heat sinks are on right and tight. in the bios make sure the mb running in standard mode. the performance mode tweaks the voltages to overclock. make sure the newest bios is on the mb to rule out a bios bug.
see if the gpu or cpu is dumping heat onto the mb. try the test with the side or sides of see if the temp goes down. if the temps drop.put the panel back on heat the chip up..when it hot again use a blow dryer on cold...see if the termps drop faster. if they do you may need to add a fan to get air to move over the mb.

Then most likely it is not that hot and everything is fine, to make sure check right after startup after the computer has been of for a while, if still high it is either the program not reading the sensor or the sensor broken or missing.

Solution

Dimitris Drymousis

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Thank you guys so much. I ll do all these you told me and i come back with results. A last question btw. Do the Bios display the mobo temperature cause i try to find it and i didnt manage to do so. I guess the values of the Bios are more reliable from the other programs.

raja@asus

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Are you using multiple temperature polling tools in the OS? Ai Suite used with other sensor tools (AIDA, HWinfo etc) can give false readings as there is contention at the Super IO IC on the board. The fix is to use one polling tool at a time.