• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question ASUS Monitor Comparison

crizzah

Honorable
Jun 30, 2013
I have an older rig, pushing an i5-3570k & EVGA GTX-1070 FTW GPU, and currently gaming at 1440p on a decent, but cheaper Acer 27" IPS K272HUL. It's a good monitor, and it's really opened my eyes to 2k gaming, but I have noticed some significant stutter/screen fracking at times. I know my rig is dating, and I'll be upgrading it with a new build down the road, but in the meantime, I've been keeping an eye out for something to replace it as my main gaming display. I don't mind investing a bit more in a solid peripheral option, something with G-sync (I'll use an Nvidia card in the future), that will last me through the next build or two.

I noticed that Asus' ROG Swift PG279Q is on sale for a couple of days now. It was on my wishlist, and got me shopping around a bit. It kinda shocked me to find that there is a newer TUF VG27AQ that's being regularly sold for $50 less than the PG's sale price. Upon a spec comparison, there really doesn't seem to be much difference. I'm also guessing that the non-TUF PG is a bit of an older release, but with solidly positive reviews. I can't find as many positive reviews when searching the VG --- except one (that I can't find now), that mentions it's fair price is due simply to ASUS using a sub-premium panel, but still tagging it with the TUF branding.

I'm curious if anyone can speak to this with any experience. Basically, should I hurry & take advantage of the PG's sale price, or is the newer TUF VG monitor really the same/better for cheaper?

Thanks in advance!

jimmysmitty

Champion
The only review I found ot the VG27AQ found it to be a good monitor but the PG279Q was reviewed by the same site much better. I think the TUF is a more entry level monitor while the ROG is a higher end monitor for Asus. Thats how it normally is for most of their products these days.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS