ASUS Monitor half of screen flashing lines

DerSchmied

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
A few months ago I bought three ASUS monitors and they preformed perfectly. But in the past week one of them will flash green, white, and pink lines across only half the screen exactly. (The left side to be exact.) This happens when either the monitor is turned off and on or a full-screen game was minimized or maximized. It is extremely annoying to see happen and hope it's just a simple fix. The monitor has not been touched since I mounted it. (No physical damage either.)

Model: ASUS VS Series VS247H-P Black 23.6" 2ms LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 50000000:1 (ASCR)

Ordered From: Newegg

Already Tried Troubleshooting:
1. Changed to a different wire/ checked that all wires were connected properly.
2. Graphics card not overclocked and none of other monitors affected. (All on the same card)
3. All monitors on same settings.
4. Checked to make sure it wasn't a certain game. Happens with all games that were in full screen.

Solution
If running on both the HDMI (gpu) to HDMI (monitor) and DVI (gpu) to HDMI (monitor) is giving the same problem, I believe it is the monitor going bad - it isn't synchronizing properly with the signal source. I run 3 monitors on my 750ti, and I get a bit of "flicker" sometimes, but it normalizes in 1-2 seconds (no half screen stuff like you mentioned).

I would suggest contacting ASUS for RMA - as the monitor should be under warranty.
How are the monitors connected (HDMI - HDMI - DVI, etc...) - and how is the "bad" monitor connected?

Have you tried switching the cables from a good monitor to the "bad" monitor (I know they will be "out of order" - but trying to troubleshoot whether it is the card or the monitor).

DerSchmied

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
I have four connected to my card. A TV being the fourth. All these but one are on adapter cables. Also I have switch one of the good monitor's cable with the bad monitors. I used my normal HDMI cable (which is a good cable) and plugged it into the "Bad" monitor. Problem still persisted.
Monitor 1: Display port to HDMI
Monitor 2: HDMI
Monitor 3 (Bad Monior): DVI to HDMI
TV: DVI to HDMI

Link to the cable the bad monitor is on: http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-HDMI-DVI-Adapter-Cable/dp/B001TH7T2U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1411414266&sr=1-1&keywords=hdmi+to+dvi

If running on both the HDMI (gpu) to HDMI (monitor) and DVI (gpu) to HDMI (monitor) is giving the same problem, I believe it is the monitor going bad - it isn't synchronizing properly with the signal source. I run 3 monitors on my 750ti, and I get a bit of "flicker" sometimes, but it normalizes in 1-2 seconds (no half screen stuff like you mentioned).

I would suggest contacting ASUS for RMA - as the monitor should be under warranty.

Solution

DerSchmied

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014

Thank you. I was hoping I wouldn't have to but it does seem like the only thing to do.