Question Asus monitor not working, blueish fuzzy screen with quiet sound happens instead.

Jun 28, 2020
Hi folks,

I turned my laptop on today and my external monitor suddenly was showing a strange fuzzy blue moving screen, it's hard to describe and I'm not sure what to search for to Google it! Picture and video below help.

The power button doesn't do anything once it's plugged in. It does the same display when there's no output connected at all and I've tried two different hdmi cables to two different laptops. I've also tried changing the resolution and refresh rate, which seems to just change the colour of the fuzziness.

Any ideas of how to fix? It's an Asus VG247QG. Pic and video in Drive folder below:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1xzGI3lVUXXkoCo-9IVqOgTUyXtdao0Ar

Jun 28, 2020
Early this morning when I pressed it, yes it returned it to normal briefly but then went back to the state it's in. However now it doesn't do anything that I can see. Thank you for replying!

Jun 28, 2020
If you cant see the menu then there is an issue with the display. To double check, have it disconnected from the laptop, turn it on, and press the menu button.
I have it disconnected from anything except the power, have turned it on but just get the same screen with no response from pressing any of the buttons, menu included. I assume this will need fixed by a professional?