Question ASUS Monitor suddenly went black and doesn't show anything?? Need help please!

Tomytoby

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
At the beginning of March, I bought an Amazon Renewed ASUS VG27AQ monitor from here. It has worked perfectly well and I've been loving it so far.

However, I left my computer on and went downstairs for a few minutes, and when I came back, only my second monitor was working. Although the Asus monitor is completely black, there is still a backlight on it when it is on, and the computer senses that it is working and so my mouse can still go into the empty monitor.

I have tried turning it off and on, unplugging all the cables and plugging them back in, and restarting the computer. I don't think there's an issue with the GPU because my second monitor is working just fine with it. When I press the physical menu button on the asus monitor, the backlight turns on and it seems as if it it is working, but nothing is being displayed on the screen.
When I turned it on, it used to show the ASUS logo, but now it shows nothing at all and only has backlight.

I'm baffled because it was working perfectly fine just half an hour ago, and now it seems as if nothing will fix this issue. Is there anything I can do, or should I try to return it? Amazon lets me return the item until May 31, so I have time.

Thank you for your help.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS