Asus Mother Board Power Surge

Melon_Lord

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Hi.
I am experiencing a minor problem with my newly built pc. My motherboard is Asus Z-170 deluxe and the power supply is CORSAIR RM Series RM850 850W. I looked through most of the post on this forum and all of them stated that their system would reboot while in use. The problem I have is on start up. After pressing the power button, my computer would start up then shuts down instantly for a second and restart, and i would get the message "Power supply surges detected during the previous power on. Asus Anti-Surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply unit." Other than that the system is completely normal. Any idea what might be the problem? Thanks in advance.

I noticed this problem while trying to overclock my pc. I would turn on the pc and shut it down once it has booted. As soon as pc turns off, i would press the power button. I wonder if that has anything to do with what i am experiencing. The part that I try to turn the system on as soon as i turned it off.

spray2000

Reputable
Dec 2, 2015
Hmm.. That's strange did you have any power outage and it might have interfered with the computer, If not maybe when you were overclocking your cpu, You use to much power and it burned your power supply (that's not bad) Hopefully, If you just don't smell any burning then you're good... and what wattage is your power supply?