[SOLVED] Asus motherboard B450 stuck on Asus screen after bios update

tedsorvino

Commendable
Oct 12, 2018
Hi everyone. I tried to update my Asus B 450 mptherboard's bios, by using the correct .cap file and the normal ez flash 3 utility from the bios menu. The update process went well and I received that the update was succesful.
Then the system restarted and it stuck on the Asus screen that asks for DEL. or F2 to enter bios, I press the buttons but nothing happens for more than 5 minutes. I 've restarted several times but still nothing.

The keyboard has light and the motherboard seems to be in a working mode. I removed the cmos battery for a couple of minutes but still the same results. I have only keyboard, mouse, ethernet and ram connected on the motherboard at the moment.

The good thing is that the motherboard is still under warranty. Is there any simple solution to that? Cannot really get it to use the crashfree utility either since it doesn't enter any bios recovery mode with the flash drive attached. It seems like the bios is updated but I can't enter it, but it stops my machine from functioning (when i attach the os drive).

Thank you

Last edited:
Solution
Sorted. Had to remove even my dvd r and all cables attached to the sata slots - even without anything attached to them- and then it entered the updated bios. I made some changes (disabling fast boot etc.) and then re attached everything and things went back to normal.

tedsorvino

Commendable
Oct 12, 2018
it sounds like you need a PS2 connected keyboard I do not understand why but the round circle type if you have any friends with one that would be my first port of call or if you can buy one. or a ps2 keyboard adaptor usb very cheap hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like I went 15 years back, when the only thing I did was updating a 2 years old bios to a brand new one....
I have a couple of mouse ps2 adaptors but no keyboard ones around. Seems an impossible task to find an old keyboard any time soon.

tedsorvino

Commendable
Oct 12, 2018
Sorted. Had to remove even my dvd r and all cables attached to the sata slots - even without anything attached to them- and then it entered the updated bios. I made some changes (disabling fast boot etc.) and then re attached everything and things went back to normal.

Solution