[SOLVED] Asus Motherboard BIOS Flash issue

100%Jun

BANNED
Dec 30, 2020
I have just tried to flash the BIOS on a Asus ROG B450-F but when I pressed flash the system froze up
Now it won't finish post and is stuck on the green q code with no display output
I have reseated the CPU
Cleared CMOS
Reseated Ram uninstalled the NVMe and just tried to boot
also when I turned off the power its just turns back on
is there anything I should try or is the motherboard bricked?
any help would be appreciated

I have just tried to flash the BIOS on a Asus ROG B450-F but when I pressed flash the system froze up
Now it won't finish post and is stuck on the green q code with no display output
I have reseated the CPU
Cleared CMOS
Mb has "ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3: Restores the BIOS using the motherboard support DVD or a USB flash drive when the BIOS file fails or gets corrupted"
Consult MB manual https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX_B450_F_GAMING/E14401_ROG_STRIX_B450-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf
Chapter 3.11.3 page 3-26.
Basically if you have optical DVD drive insert DVD that came with MB.
If only USB , format it to Fat32 and copy BIOS file from DVD disk that is located in the root of the disk.
File should look something like this Pb450p.cap

I have reseated the CPU
Cleared CMOS
Mb has "ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3: Restores the BIOS using the motherboard support DVD or a USB flash drive when the BIOS file fails or gets corrupted"
Consult MB manual https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX_B450_F_GAMING/E14401_ROG_STRIX_B450-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf
If only USB , format it to Fat32 and copy BIOS file from DVD disk that is located in the root of the disk.

100%Jun

BANNED
Dec 30, 2020
Thanks

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS