Question Asus motherboard not working

singhpushpinder24

Prominent
Jul 13, 2019
ASUS motherboard model PSG41T-M LX3 is powering on but display is not coming and no beep sound is coming.CPU FAN is working and cpu light is ON .I have checked with good working PSU but result is the same.can you sdvise how to troubleshoot the motherboard as no beep sound is coming and parts which are connected on mother board is CPU, HSF,RAM 2GB AND CMOS and PSU (good working coniditon) talen from another working PC for testing)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
ASUS motherboard model PSG41T-M LX3 is powering on but display is not coming and no beep sound is coming.CPU FAN is working and cpu light is ON .I have checked with good working PSU but result is the same.can you sdvise how to troubleshoot the motherboard as no beep sound is coming and parts which are connected on mother board is CPU, HSF,RAM 2GB AND CMOS and PSU (good working coniditon) talen from another working PC for testing)
Cover each and all of these steps first: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

Pay close attention to installation of the CPU and checking the socket for bent pins.
What is your full system spec including PSU make and model?
What exactly have you tried already?

Last edited:

singhpushpinder24

Prominent
Jul 13, 2019

singhpushpinder24

Prominent
Jul 13, 2019
Thanks for your support.I will go through the link information and then will get back to you.
Thanks for your support.I have gone thorugh the detailed troubleshooting guide and have installed working PSU and CMOS from another PC and buzzer as shown in the below setup but when i turning on the power then cpu LED on and only cpu fan is running and no beep sound is coming , no display is coming.I installed the CPU properly and CPU 4 pin connector also connected which is next to CPU Fan.

Can you advise what should i do further??

System configuration is Core 2 duo processor, 500 GB HARDISK AND 2 GB Ram.please advise.

I have the setup photo and the link is below

https://ibb.co/jGdmVYj

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019
Hi there, I saw your question and I'd like to see if a can help. The first thing I see is that in your image is that your motherboard is labeled for 1333Mhz Ram. Have you done compatibility checks to see if there is a possible problem there? Also If you could please Specify The Name of your parts and their models i.e. Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz 2x8 Ram

singhpushpinder24

Prominent
Jul 13, 2019
Hi there, I saw your question and I'd like to see if a can help. The first thing I see is that in your image is that your motherboard is labeled for 1333Mhz Ram. Have you done compatibility checks to see if there is a possible problem there? Also If you could please Specify The Name of your parts and their models i.e. Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz 2x8 Ram
Thanks for your comment

Motherboard is Asus PSG41T-M LX3
Processor is Intel E4500 core 2 duo
Ram is simmtronics 2GB PC1333
450W working PSU
Please advise.

Last edited:

singhpushpinder24

Prominent
Jul 13, 2019
Cover each and all of these steps first: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

Pay close attention to installation of the CPU and checking the socket for bent pins.
What is your full system spec including PSU make and model?
What exactly have you tried already?
Thanks for your support.I have gone thorugh the detailed troubleshooting guide and have installed working PSU and CMOS from another PC and buzzer as shown in the below setup but when i turning on the power then cpu LED on and only cpu fan is running and no beep sound is coming , no display is coming.I installed the CPU properly and CPU 4 pin connector also connected which is next to CPU Fan.

Can you advise what should i do further??

System configuration is Core 2 duo processor, 500 GB HARDISK AND 2 GB Ram.

Motherboard is Asus PSG41T-M LX3
Processor is Intel E4500 core 2 duo
Ram is simmtronics 2GB PC1333
450W working PSU

I have the setup photo and the link is below

https://ibb.co/jGdmVYj

Jul 18, 2019
can someone help me??

It's an odd problem you have here, i'm not quite sure what it is. My best guess would be a dead CPU or bad contact on pins on the CPU or socket. do you know where the CPU has been before you acquired it and have you assembled the system while grounded as static damage can be fatal for the fragile components of a CPU.

singhpushpinder24

Prominent
Jul 13, 2019
It's an odd problem you have here, i'm not quite sure what it is. My best guess would be a dead CPU or bad contact on pins on the CPU or socket. do you know where the CPU has been before you acquired it and have you assembled the system while grounded as static damage can be fatal for the fragile components of a CPU.
Thanks for your support.I am using this CPU from the very first day with this motherboard when i bought the system.While bread boarding i used paper below the PCB in order to provide the insulation to the motherboard PCB.Do you think the motherboard can be faulty??

singhpushpinder24

Prominent
Jul 13, 2019
Motherboard Sockets few pins were bent so i fixed and now motherboard with CPU run and create three beeps that repeat after a pause ..however on installing RAM no beep sound is coming but display is not coming..please advise what can i do next to resolve this issue?? Do you think RAM is faulty??