Question ASUS Motherboard SATA drives not detected

Apr 15, 2019
Hi There,

My PC crashed randomly the other day and has not been able to boot to windows since, unfortunately I did not capture the error on the crash.

Now every time I boot I get a message "Please press Del to enter EFI BIOS setting". It then goes through into the bios where the only boot option I have is "Windows Boot Manager". It does not look like any of my HDD's are being recognized since the crash. The Motherboard is a PH67-M LX.

I have unplugged everything except my monitor and keyboard and only left the SSD drive where my OS is installed plugged in but after playing around with a few things and trying the various SATA ports + changing SATA and power cables it remains the same. I also tried resetting the bios defaults and removed the CMOS battery to reset but again nothing changes.

Looking at the SATA settings in the BIOS it all the SATA ports as listed as "not Present". I have also tried with only my second HDD plugged in bit this doesn't change anything either. It seems what ever I do I cant get it to recognize the drives. I have tried various combinations of SATA mode and controller settings on this screen but it does not help

30wwbbp.jpg

Thanks for your help!

B3 Revision was offered as a replacement for original motherboards. If you did not turn your motherboard in, it is too late now.

On January 31, 2011 Intel announced the detection of a design error in the new Intel 6 Series support chipset, also known as Cougar Point. ASUS has updated all motherboards with revised Intel 6 series B3 chipsets, with every SATA port now certified safe.

Apr 15, 2019
I should also say I test it again and my second HDD is recognised when its the only drive plugged in. Could this mean my SSD is somehow broken? I am wondering if its worth trying to test it in aother machine to try and get the data off it?