ASUS motherboard stops recognizing all Ram sticks

Apr 22, 2018
I have an asus rampage v 10th anniversary edition 8 * 4gb ram.

Using the PC for Blender rendering my computer froze yesterday without any clear reason. After a CMOS reset the PC starts again, but only showing 24gb of 32gb.

After contacting the Asus support they claim my memory is not compatible with the motherboard. I have been using the PC for more than a year without a problem and this suddenly happened yesterday.

I have followed everything in this thread, but nothing works, anything else i can try?

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3231537/half-ram-showing-uefi-bios.html

Solution
Try using first slot and 2nd, check if ram is recognized. Then try 1st 2nd and 3rd, check if it is recognized, then try all 4. You may be able to find a slot that does not detect any Ram module you put in it

engineer5261

Reputable
Apr 26, 2016
Trying one stick at a time you have confirmed that all the sticks work?

Once this happened to me it turned out that one of the ram slots on my motherboard had died, maybe you could experiment to figure out which slot is not detecting the RAM if this is the issue.

Asus support can always play the "RAM not compatible" card if you bought them separately, as RAM from the same model/manu can sometimes have issues running together. With that being said, I have more often than not been successful at mixing and running similar spec'ed RAMS from different vendors.

Apr 22, 2018

Well, I have tested all the sticks separately, and they all work fine. But I haven’t tested all the slots separately yet. There a specific “correct” way too test the slots?

“Asus support can always play the "RAM not compatible" card if you bought them separately”

That’s exactly what the support did lol