Asus Motherboard

Snet

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
Hi Guys

I have purchased an ASUS ASUS P5K SE Motherboard. I want to run a MDT RAM at 667 Mhz DDR2, is it possible as it says nothing in the asus website The ASUS P5K SE Motherboard Qualified Vendors List (QVL) says that it only runs at rams at 1066 Mhz and MDT is not on the list. I also want to run a PSU rated at 350 Watt. Will It boot successfully

My 4specs I want to build is

Asus motherboard
1024 MB RAM DDR2
Windows Vista/XP
250 GB HDD

Henry Chinaski

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I recommend you to go for a quality memory to avoid compatibility problems, stability problemd and for getting a better performance. To be in the Qualified Vendors List is a great thing to be sure that your memory will run properly in the mobo, but if your memory is not in the list, it doesn't mean that it won't run. It only means that those modules haven't been tested by the mobo manufacturer.
Anyway, that MDT 667Mhz memory should run well. That is the specification of your mobo:

4 x DIMM, Max. 8 GB, DDR 1066*/800/667 Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel memory architecture
*The chipset officially supports the memory frequency up to DDR2 800MHz. Tuned by ASUS Super Memspeed Technology, this motherboard natively supports up to DDR2 1066MHz
Please refer to www.asus.com or user manual for Memory QVL.
**When installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows® 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Hence, a total installed memory of less than 3GB is recommended.

As you can see, the 667Mhz memory is supported.

On the other hand, I highly recommend you to go for a quality PSU. A low quality PSU will become a nightmare. About the wattage you need, you should tell us the graphic card that you own.

Snet

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
Hi

Thanks for your reply . I was thinking of buying a 400 Watt PSU or use my 350 Watt. I have a 9400 GT which powers up through the motherboard. I am just waiting for my other cash to come in regarding the PSU

Henry Chinaski

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
A 350w PSU is enough to handle your system. Anyway, take in mind that a low quality PSU could cause some stability problems as computer freezing or computer rebooting by itself even when the computer isn’t pulling all its power.

TRENDING THREADS