ASUS motherboards battle: MAXIMUS VII Ranger vs MAXIMUS VII Hero vs SABERTOOTH Z97 Mark 2 vs Z97A

5384vishal

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
So I have not been able to get answer to this.These 4 mid segment motherboards from ASUS which are closely priced.What is the difference between them from end user perspective?

MAXIMUS VII Ranger vs
MAXIMUS VII Hero vs
SABERTOOTH Z97 Mark 2 vs
Z97A

And which is the cheap and best to buy ie.value for money for Intel i7 4790k and Nvidia GTX980ti

There's no difference inm performance. Features - see - http://www.asus.com/us/site/motherboards/Z97/comparison/

m.2 is a new kind of connector for potentially faster SSDs. There are sata and pcie type m.2 SSDs. Cuirrently the sata ones aren't any better than normal sata SSDs. There are also afew pcie m.2 SSDs - fast but expensive. With pcie M.2 SSDs you lose 2 pcie lanes. With sata M.2 SSDs you lose 2 sata ports.

5384vishal

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

I am keen on buying ASUS Maximus VII Rampage,but sadly there is no info on the link you posted.

5384vishal

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

Sorry my bad I meant MAXIMUS VII Ranger.Please tell me its diff with Hero.

updated post details

5384vishal

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

That I even I know..I was asking if you know the summary of comparision

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
The Hero is the big brother to the Ranger which is the newest entry to the ROG lineup to bring in a lower priced model. The Sabertooth is more for a business type build (which is why even though it's a Z97 and should be cable of 3000+ support in DRAM they advertise it to 1866, it's designed more for being a rock stable platform than an enthusiast/gaming type platform

The Sabertooth is better suited as a workstation motherboard with Xeon CPUs and such, but it can work well for gaming also with advanced cooling and fan control. Its big brothers, the Mark 1 and Mark S editions, expand upon that and also add dust removers. It's a highly durable motherboard and can play nice with even the largest fan CPU coolers and two R9-290Xs. If you need more RAM speed and M.2, though, and don't care about the red design, then get the Maximus VII Hero.