Asus N53S not charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcnipple

Reputable
May 20, 2015
Hello

My laptop psu recently went dead. I stupidly used another psu which was 24v instead of a 19v one which my laptop likes but quickly turned it off when I realised.

After using a 19v replacement my laptop will turn on but only with the battery inserted and the mains plugged in. If I try without the battery it won't turn on. If I try without the mains and just battery it won't turn on. The led light comes on to say the battery is low. If I pull the mains power out the laptop switches off immediately.

The laptop is running slow like its on battery power, yet will only work with the mains cable plugged in ?! Anyone know what the problem could be? Have I destroyed my laptop??!

Thanks

2 things you have to look for in power adapter, voltage & amps\wattage. if a device wants 19v then you give it 19v not 15v nor 24v. if device wants at least 3.84 amps then you give it 3.84 amps or higher but not below 3.84. how many amps was marked on that 24v adapter?

Mcnipple

Reputable
May 20, 2015

It was a psu with a variable voltage. Pretty sure the ampage was the amount for the laptop. It was set on 24v when I plugged it in and switched it on. Then I quickly switched it down to the 19v setting on the psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.