Question Asus N551JK Overheating

May 22, 2019
I apologize if my level of English can somehow hurt you 😣! But I very need your help 😖

I cleaned it and changed the thermal paste (a week ago), seemed to help, but yesterday, playing Overwatch for about 15 minutes, the computer just turned off, then I turned on Core Temp while playing it, temps were 87-96 C. Why I decided to change the thermal paste - I have overheated it before, and I decided to put it in order.

And it all started very suddenly, as always (this was more than once), situations are similar, and as far as I understand it is not a matter of computer components:
1 [2016]. It all starts very suddenly, I played normally for many days (the coolers were not noisy), and suddenly the computer turned off the next day while playing, somehow I managed to fix it by doing something in the settings of the Nvidia control panel.
2 [2017]. It started again, fixed itself after the some update of Windows (not to Windows 10).
3 [2019]. My battery mostly dead, it writes 0% and laptop working just from the wire-network (not battery), playing about 2 hours - all was good, before knocked out electricity, accordingly laptop turned off, after I launched game, the fans started to make a lot of noise, after 5 minutes computer starting to overheat (not in menu, in game).

Updated all important drivers for Asus from the site - https://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers-for-windows-10/

I do not know what to do, I will understand everything you write, do not be afraid to write as if I do not understand!
Thank you very much to those people that will respond !!!!!!! Big very big ty!

May 22, 2019
What OS are you on? Windows 10? If so, which version? Are you on the latest BIOS update for your laptop? FYI, you should source your drivers from the manufacturer's site, not a third party site that may have malware laced with them. Here's the link to the Asus laptop's support site. What thermal paste did you use?
OS - Windows 10 Home Edition for single language. Downloaded and installed drivers from both Support site and that (All that was on the manufacturer's website, and then what was not on the asus, downloaded from ivanrf.com). I'm on the latest BIOS version (American Megatrends Inc. N551JK.203, 06.10.2014) - from support site version. Some very cheap, smeared a lot (for the first time did it)

Last edited: