[SOLVED] Asus N56DP-DH11 Brightness problem

Apr 1, 2021
Hello, I have an issue where every time I put my computer to sleep or hibernation mode, the brightness on the laptop goes down to a dim level. Here are some things I've tried:
-Adjusting the brightness slider via the function keys and power settings
-Uninstalling and reinstalling the GPU drivers
-Updating the GPU drivers
-Calling Microsoft for help
-Downgrading to Windows 8.1
-Installing the Microsoft Basic Display Driver (THIS ONLY HINDERS GPU PERFORMANCE)
-Looking for other drivers on Asus's website
-Having Windows automatically look for drivers (It just gives me the same driver as far as I can tell, and it has the same brightness problem)

I think I read somewhere that some kind of alteration in the registry might help, but I'm not sure, and I won't attempt it unless I get a step by step guide on how to do it. Any help would be awesome, as I know others are having brightness problems with the N56DP series as well.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you're indeed on Windows 10, I'd highly advise on not tinkering with the registry since the OS likes to go belly up if things that it doesn't like are changed. On the other hand, I'm assuming you are/were on Windows 10, which version of the OS were you on? We're currently on version 20H2, waiting for a newer version to come around.

You are advised to install all your drivers manually, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Ofc, prior to doing that, you will need to source all drivers from Asus's support page for your laptop. Latest BIOS update for your laptop?

Thanks for replying to me, but I managed to figure it out. I followed these instructions below...

Lutfij

Titan

If you're indeed on Windows 10, I'd highly advise on not tinkering with the registry since the OS likes to go belly up if things that it doesn't like are changed. On the other hand, I'm assuming you are/were on Windows 10, which version of the OS were you on? We're currently on version 20H2, waiting for a newer version to come around.

You are advised to install all your drivers manually, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Ofc, prior to doing that, you will need to source all drivers from Asus's support page for your laptop. Latest BIOS update for your laptop?

Apr 1, 2021

Thanks for replying to me, but I managed to figure it out. I followed these instructions below...

Some of the needed drivers were missing from Asus' website, including the dual gpu driver. You advise me to always go with manual drivers vs. relying on Windows update to find them for me?

Solution