Asus notebook pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selma_

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
hi i have a problem a few hours ago I turned my asus X200M notebook on and there was a loading, windows said something about updates followed by a percentage. So I waited and left it. The screen turned off and until now the power LED is still on. I have no idea what to do . Is this fine

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First try to move the Touchpad or press any key on your keyboard and see if that will turn the screen back on.
- If this will not work do a hard reboot, press and hold the power button until it completely shuts down. Remove the battery off the laptop and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
- Turn the laptop back on and see if it will load normally onto your desktop screen.
- If the laptop will not load, try loading it in Safe Mode so you can run System Restore.
- While the laptop is booting up repeatedly press on F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options then select Safe Mode.
- Once it loads in Safe Mode do run System Restore.
- Here's how: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc
- But the laptop will still not load in Safe Mode last option would be to reinstall Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.