News Asus NUC 14 Performance mini-PC launched — combines up to Core Ultra 9 185H and RTX 4070

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Business? Looks more like a PC console to me.
Although I can see engineering using these GPUs without purchasing notebooks and still allowing workers to take the PC home.

Notton

Prominent
Dec 29, 2023
2x SODIMM DDR5: blegh
3x 2280 gen4x4: amazing
"Discreet GPU": Is there confirmation that these are the mobile versions?

Because the mobile 4070 is the same chip used in the desktop 4060/Ti, but with lower TDP.
Unless it overclocks like a monster, it's slower than a desktop 3060.

"Discreet GPU": Is there confirmation that these are the mobile versions?

These are Laptop chips for sure. Unlikely they will cramp DESKTOP variants in such a small form factor.

The same chips used in the gaming ROG NUC. This new "performance" mini-PC has the exact specs as the ROG NUC as well including the 330W power supply brick. So these should also be Laptop/mobile M counterparts.

Liliputing: "Just keep in mind that since this is a mobile CPU and mobile GPU, neither are user upgradeable."

Last edited:
Reactions: Notton

Notton

Prominent
Dec 29, 2023
Here is hoping Nvidia gets sued for confusing naming scheme for their mobile GPUs then.
File it under "Exaggerated or Misleading".

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
That thing is either going to be a sauna or using a custom very lowered TDP. I can't imagine how heat can be efficiently discipated in such a small space otherwise.

Findecanor

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2015
I once had an Asus EeeBox PC in this form factor. It had a wider-looking base that was also relatively heavy and with grippy rubber on the bottom.

This "NUC"'s stand looks a bit flimsy. I am not convinced that it would support plugging and unplugging ports without having to hold it with your other hand.

TRENDING THREADS