[SOLVED] ASUS OC GTX 770 Idle Temperature +50C (Help!)

Akronox

Prominent
Dec 21, 2020
My GTX 770 recently has reached it's record of 51C on idle.... The card had dust inside it, and I used compressed air to clean it, and somehow it's gotten hotter? The fans are spinning at 60%, it's loud, and it doesn't seem to be getting cooler. A week ago, before the cleaning, it had idle temperatures of 20-40 Celcius.

Akronox

Prominent
Dec 21, 2020
did you remove it from system and do the air cleaning on the side of fins not in front .
I've checked, I don't see dust anywhere. I'm afraid to take it apart, but after cleaning there's no dust. The card uses 1-4% during idle, and temperatures reach +50C. When I turn the fans to max it cools down a few degrees, but doesn't go lower than 40C.

Akronox

Prominent
Dec 21, 2020
it might have been use on intensive gaming or for mining .
I know these weren't its usual temperatures. The same day that I bought it, it would run silently at 25-35C idle. The same week, I had it increase in temperature by 10 Celcius. (40-50C on idle) I've looked online as well and seen some people complain that the graphics drivers are the cause of their GPU heating up. I don't know how that works, but, whatever...